Blue cheese burgers
Sick and tired of boring burgers? Break out of that rut with this blue cheese burgers recipe. Be sure to use grass fed beef and put it on a whole grain bun. Serve it with baked sweet potato wedges, some broccoli slaw and what you have is a delectable, healthy dinner.
- 1 pound grass fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 onion, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 11/2 ounces blue cheese
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 4 small lettuce leaves
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 4 thick slices red onion
- 1. Make burgers: In a large bowl, combine beef, parsley, shallot, salt, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne. Using your fingers, combine thoroughly. Divide meat mixture into 8 thin patties. Portion cheese into 4 small patties and place in the center of 4 hamburger patties. Top with remaining hamburger patties, pressing to seal.
- 3. Preheat grill to medium. Grill hamburgers for about 7 minutes (for medium-rare), turning once. Remove from heat and let rest for 2 minutes. Grill buns, cut sides down, for 30 seconds.
- 4. Serve burgers on buns with sauce, lettuce, tomato and onion.