If you’ve got six minutes these exercises will give you a full body strength workout that will knock your socks off. You don’t need a lot of fancy equipment or tons of time to get that lean body you dream about. Move from one exercise to the next with no rest in between.
Looking to speed up your results do the series 3 times during the day (right before breakfast, right before lunch and right before dinner).
1. Plank to push up: Begin on hands and knees, then draw one knee off the floor followed by the other this brings you into a classic push up position. Keep the back flat (don’t allow the butt to sag or poke up into the air) and hold this position for 10 seconds. Lower your chest down to the floor then push back up to the starting position, do that 5 times. repeat for 1 minute. This simple exercise uses almost every muscle in the body and is especially effective for strengthening the arms and the core.
2. Downward dog: From Plank, push back with the arms and bend at the waist, creating an inverted “V” with your body. Look at your navel as you press the heels down towards the floor. This pose is usually thought of as a flexibility exercise for the hamstrings but hold it for a full minute an it becomes evident that this exercise takes a lot of upper body strength. Works shoulders and upper back.
3. Powerful pose: Stand with feet hip distance apart reach with both arms up overhead but gently draw the shoulder blades down. Bend your knees and drop down into a seated position or what is known as a squat and hold for 1 minute. This exercise works the butt and legs.
4. Leg pull ups: Begin seated with legs extended out in front of you. Place hands on the floor behind you with fingers pointed away from the body. Raise your hips off the floor until your body is in a straight line. Lift the left leg off the floor as high as you can pressing the right heal into the floor then switch sides. continue to alternate between lifting the legs for 1 full minue. Works core, arms, hamstrings and quadriceps
5. Lung: begin standing with feet hip distance apart. Step forward with the right foot 2-3 feet. Bend the right knee as you slowly lower the left knee down towards the ground. Keep the right knee directly over the right ankle. Slowly press back up then step back into the original starting position. Then switch sides. continue to alternate legs for 1 full minute. Works legs and butt.
6. Mountain climbers: Start in plank, then step/jump forward with your right foot bringing you right knee up to your chest then step back with the right foot as you simultaneously step forward with the left foot holding your body weight with your arms the whole time. This will feel a little like your running or climbing with your legs. Do this motion for 1 minute.